St. James' Church, Las Cruces, seeks a rector for the olderst Episcopal congregation in southern New Mexico (1875) with a long record of service in the area. Our present church was consecrated in 1912 and built in the style of a traditional English parish. Our beautiful sanctuary and facilites host a number of events and local organizations.
We seek a rector who:
- is empathetic and approachable
- has a sense of humor
- is an engaging and effective preacher of the gospel
- is a person with deep spiritual roots who can encourage religious practice in others
- has a heart for pastoral care
- has an ability to minister to parishioners at all stages of life
- will help us find new ways to reach into the community
- is willing to make a long-term commitment to our parish, as we commit to him/her our prayers and support
Financial Compensation: Negotiable within diocesan guidelines. Please see OTM Portfolio for details on proposed compensation.
Pension Plan: Each month the congregation pays the Church Pension Fund an assessment of 18% of the clergy person's salary, including the housing allowance.
Heath Insurance. The compensated clergy of the diocese form a single group for insurance purposes. Please click here to see more information on Health and Dental Insurance .
Continuing Education: In 2019, $1000 was budgeted by the vestry for continuing education.
Travel/Auto: $5800 was budgeted for travel and mileage in the 2019 budget.